Have you heard about Third Wave Microdose? That’s Paul Austin’s Third Wave. While microdosing psychedelics is defined as the practice of consuming very low doses of a psychedelic substance such as psilocybin-containing mushrooms, some people are taking experimentation to a whole other level – and bringing the public on board for the trip of a lifetime.
About the Third Wave Microdosing Course
Building his first startup, the online English language school teacher named Paul Austin set out to microdose LSD every fourth day – with the intent of improving his mental focus both on-the-job and with interpersonal contexts. The effect, he says, has been lasting, and evidently, Austin now runs The Third Wave, a psychedelic-focused web platform dedicated to advocacy and education surrounding microdosing natural psychedelics.
Austin’s brainchild coined the Third Wave, came directly from his own experience of microdosing. And, it’s through The Third Wave that Austin offers his private microdosing coaching sessions via Skype for $197 a call. According to media reports, microdosing has grown in popularity.
Still, the scientific literature contains minimal research on this practice. With that said, there has been limited reporting on adverse events associated with microdosing, and the experiences of microborers in community samples have not yet been fully categorized.
What’s Included in the Third Wave Course?
Whether you have or have not heard of the Third Wave Microdose, this article covers all you need to know, starting with what you will learn when committing to Third Wave coaching with Paul Austin. In summary, here’s what you get when signing up for this transcendental course:
- Microdosing Course 2.0 Curriculum
- Workbook & Tracking Dashboard
- 10+ Expert Interviews
- 40+ Instructional Videos
- Private Online Forum
- Lifetime Access & Course Updates
- 10-Day money-back guarantee
As part of your investment, you get access to over 40 instructional videos from world-renowned microdosing expert Paul Austin, founder of the Third Wave. These videos include all of the following key learning points:
- Personalizing your protocol for your personal goals
- A consideration of the risks, side-effects, and uncommon concerns with psychedelics
- Silicon Valley Secrets: Business & Microdosing
- Why intentions matter most
- Drop the judgment and move away from criticism
- Answering your nr. 1 question: Where to find what you’re looking for
- Finding the perfect dose for you
- What to do if you dose too high
The Third Wave Microdose Coaching Curriculum
This highly recommended microdosing course is a comprehensive investigation into everything you need to know about using the power of microdosing to transform your life and achieve your full potential as a human being. Here is a brief overview of some of the material the Third Wave learning curriculum covers:
- The Science Behind Microdosing: How and why microdosing works, in addition to the foundational neuroscience of psychedelics and the case for sustainable behavior change.
- The Shifting Legal Landscape of Psychedelics: Everything you need to know about safely sourcing your substance and keeping on the right side of the law.
- The Wide World of Microdosing Applications and Benefits: How one simple compound can have dozens of life-changing benefits; You are not broken: what microdosing reveals about so-called mood disorders
- Bridging the mind-body connection with microdosing to cultivate holistic wellness.
- Why microdosing may be your most effective remedy against depression and anxiety.
- Dialing into your optimal states of being: The dos and don’ts of using microdosing to accelerate leadership development and boost creativity.
- Does microdosing fall under the nootropic category? Discover the astonishing truth.
- Microdosing and Physical Health: Accessing your parasympathetic nervous system: how microdosing can modulate inflammation.
- The warning signs, interactions, and uncommon risk you need to know.
- Preparing for lift-off: Getting Started with Microdosing
- The subtle and significant differences between psilocybin mushrooms, psilocybin truffles, and LSD in microdosing.
- Three easy ways to create microdoses for precise dosage and reliable effects.
- Everything there is to know about preparing psilocybin mushroom microdoses for the best results.
- How to grow your own psilocybin mushrooms
- How to test your medicine so you know what you are consuming.
- Taking The ‘Blue Pill’: Your Microdosing Experience; Why intention matters more than you think and four questions to help you refine your plans before you dose.
- Structure matters: What to include before, during, and after your microdosing sessions to reap the benefits
- How to create the ideal set and setting for an optimal microdosing session
- Increasing the effectiveness of microdosing with holistic practices
- The overlooked importance of following the right diet with microdosing with meal suggestions
- ‘Pro tips’ of unique microdosing experiences and datapoints to help you make the most of your experience. Below, we proceed to review at least one of these key points, starting with the benefits of miscrodosing.
What Are the Benefits of Microdosing Mushrooms?
The practice of taking sub-perceptual amounts of psychedelics like LSD or psilocybin (magic) mushrooms regularly has been gaining attention for some time already. It’s a trend mainly linked to Silicon Valley and the Third Wave.
In several studies done on the subject, many microdosing respondents indicated whether they had psilocybin microdosing benefit(s) in each of the following domains: mood, anxiety, meditative practice, exercise, eating habits, and sleep. They also indicated to have reduced their use of various substances.
The most reported benefit category of microdosing mushrooms captures improvements related to mood -happiness, well-being, peace, calm, and reductions in depressive symptoms. Also included are notable reports of improved outlook, an enhanced appreciation of life, optimism, deeper spiritual and emotional insights, and being more in touch with emotions.
Improved focus references codes concerning focus and concentration, conscious awareness, mindfulness, and increased engagement and attentiveness. Creativity includes creativity per se, as well as meta-creative processes, e.g., shifting perspectives, divergent thinking, curiosity, and openness.
Self-efficacy category references improvements in self-efficacy (motivation/ambition, productivity, confidence, sense of agency) and self-care such as introspection, meditation, and other behaviors that facilitate mental health. The benefit-category of improved energy includes codes referencing improved energy, as well as alertness, wakefulness, and stimulation.
Social benefits This category references various socially facilitating benefits such as extraversion, empathy, sense of connection, and verbal fluency. Cognitive benefits concern cognitive enhancement such as understanding and problem-solving, clarity of thought and memory.
References to anxiety reduction and social-anxiety reduction fit in another category. After reporting open-ended outcomes, participants answered targeted questions concerning behavioral improvements and substance-use reductions.
Moreover, respondents also indicated reduced use of caffeine, alcohol, cannabis, tobacco, psychiatric prescription medications, and illicit substances. With that said, overall, the benefits of microdosing mushrooms can be summarized as follow:
- Reduced anxiety and overall improved mood.
- Increased empathy and interpersonal connection.
- Enhanced problem-solving skills and clarity of thought.
- Reduced use of harmful substances.
- Improved overall mood in the form of more peacefulness, overall well-being, calmness and overall happiness.
- Improved focus with the enhanced ability to concentrate.
- Being more open to creative processes with enhanced curiosity and the ability to shift perspectives.
- Self-efficacy in the form of ambition, self-motivation and self-confidence.
- Improved energy in the form of mental stimulation, wakefulness, and alertness.
- Social benefits including empathy, a greater sense of connection, and more extroversion.
- Cognitive benefits such as mental clarity, better memory recall, and an improvement in problem-solving abilities.
- Enhanced visual acuity, cardio endurance, reduction of migraines, and higher quality of sleep. Need we say more? It’s time to start microdosing now. Let’s go!
How to Start Microdosing Mushrooms – The Third Wave Way
If you want to know how to start microdosing, you’re on the right track. Due to the limited research around microdosing protocols, it's difficult to definitively say what dose will work best for each person. Clinical studies are in the making that will shed some light on the answer to this question.
With the above being said, citizens who microdose tend to follow one of the two most popular protocols: The Fadiman Protocol (discussed in more detail in the section below) or the Stamets Stack. The main difference lies in how often one takes the microdose and how many ‘rest days' are in between doses.
Based on the possibility of a quick loss of sensitivity of relative receptors, taking days in between doses is very important so that you don’t build up a tolerance. According to some medical experts, the sensitivity of the receptors restores quickly once the microdosing is done, so there should be no concern with addiction to these substances.
However, it's important to be mindful of your body, so, to explore what works best for you, experts say the way to go is to start low and go slow from there. With that said, let’s have a look at one man’s particular microdosing guide. As per the Third Wave protocol, your First Month of Microdosing must involve the following factors and points of action:
- Finding your sweet spot, calibrating your dose optimally
- Creating the ideal morning ritual to create forward momentum
- How to speed up your growth with the aid of therapists and coaches
- The pitfalls to look out for to stay balanced
- How and when to integrate breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, and outdoor activities to optimize your experience
The James Fadiman Microdosing Guide
Coined America's most respected authority on psychedelics, James Fadiman has been deeply associated and involved with psychedelic research ever since the peak of the psychedelic renaissance in the 1960s.
In this guide to the immediate and long-term effects of psychedelic microdosing for spiritual therapeutic problem-solving and micro and health-oriented purposes, Fadiman outlines best practices for safe, sacred entheogenic voyages learned through experience.
Fadiman reviews the latest as well as the ignored research into the psychotherapeutic value of psychedelic drug use for increased personal awareness and a variety of other medical conditions. This includes his most relevant recent study of the reasons for psychedelic use among several adults.
As Fadiman reveals new uses for LSD and other psychedelics, including microdosing, we are simultaneously learning more about its ability to improve cognitive functioning and emotional balance. If you’re wondering how many shrooms to microdose, let this guide lead the way for you.
Similarly, if you want to know how much is a microdose of mushrooms and how often to microdose mushrooms, you’ve arrived at the right department in the following section. The Third Wave, the start-up mentioned earlier that’s dedicated to responsible psychedelic use founded by Paul Austin, offers both online guides to microdosing various substances.
On offer for beginner microdosers, is a starter pack that includes a sterilized amber bottle with distilled water for diluting, a sterile syringe for measuring out microdoses, and a testing kit to check for purity of the product.
How Often Should You Microdose?
With all that has been said – as per the Third Wave approach, the answer to the above question generally depends on what your intentions are. But typically, twice a week and preferably outside work hours are recommended.
While many who experiment with microdosing do so at their own peril and in their own privacy, for those using psychedelics as therapy, experts recommend supervision by professionals and periodic breaks so as to not build up a tolerance and lessen the effectiveness of the drug.
In line with the Fadiman approach as introduced above, people generally microdose once every three days for about a month – one day on, two days off. But why space it out? Having founded the effects were lasting for up to two days, according to Fadiman – the psychedelics are actually gone within a few hours, but you retain the feeling and functioning for two days.
There’s one main reason to space out your usage. Psychedelics can cause a tolerance to build, and the important thing to keep in mind is to take a microdose before 10 a.m. Taking it later may make it harder for you to fall asleep or mess with your routine. From there, people should keep to their normal daily schedule, encompassing work, leisure, meals, medications, exercise.
After one month, Fadiman found that most people continued to microdose only occasionally, on an as-needed basis – for an exam or a presentation of some sort. Plus, like with most good things, it’s good to take longer breaks in between your moments of usage.
Kratom Thai Liquid Extract
This Kratom Liquid Extract from Thailand is saluted in 12% alcohol and because of the active ingredients that attach chemically to the ethanol, it boosts the effect of Kratom mushroom by 100%. One bottle of Kratom Thai Liquid contains 10ml of the good stuff. It can be taken all at once for a stimulating effect that provides similar energy that cocaine does, with the relaxed feeling of opium.
When taking half of the bottle of Kratom Thai Liquid, it is mostly very relaxing and euphoric. And it’s not for beginners, might we add as a sidenote. A low dose of Kratom can have an energizing effect, but a higher dose may have an extremely relaxing sedative effect.
In this section, we review various microcapsules (filled with psilocybin mushrooms) available from Origin Mushrooms. The benefits of taking microcapsules include increased consciousness, creativity, decreased social anxiety, and the positive promotion of an overall feeling of wellbeing and connectedness. Let’s have a look at this range of microcapsules for means of microdosing.
- Chill Capsules ($76.00 – $128.00)
The average psilocybin microdose ranges from 25mg to 250mg, and we recommend starting at a low dose of 50mg, or 25mg if you are sensitive to substances. Dosing schedules can vary – depending on individual preference.
Effects include: Increased cognitive skills, Improved awareness of both surroundings and self, Improved understanding and communication of one’s emotions aids in reducing anxiety, relaxing the mind and reducing aches and inflammation in the body and aids with sleeping cycles.
- Social Capsules 5 Pack
Benefits of using the Social Capsules from Origin Mushrooms may include increased consciousness, creativity, and decreased social anxiety. These capsules provide a balanced and energetic experience. They have a slightly higher dose of magic mushroom than microdosing, causing your to feel the euphoric effects more quickly. It’s perfect for parties, outdoor festivals, concerts, camping or a night out dancing!
- Mood Capsules ($76.00 – $128.00)
Made from Golden Teachers for the purpose of microdosing, the benefits of using this product may include increased consciousness, creativity, and decreased social anxiety. Promotes an overall feeling of wellbeing and connectedness.
The Mood Capsules combine a blend of Psilocybin Cubensis and other adaptogenic herbs. Regulate your stress levels, improve mood, boost immunity and reduce fatigue. Moreover, help your body resist stressors of all kinds, whether physical, chemical or biological.
- Brain Capsules ($00– $128.00)
This blend of Psilocybin Cubensis and other organic supplements miraculously creates new neurons, neural pathways, and also repairs existing neurological damage. Brain boost’s simple yet powerful formulation of these two ingredients not only supports the brain and nervous system but provides energy and cognition benefits.
- Love Capsules ($76.00 – $128.00)
The sultry Love Capsules are made with a whole lot of love and a blend of Psilocybin Cubensis, along with some other organic supplements. With 30 capsules at 50mg/200mg Psilocybin per capsule, this bottle goes a long way to increase libido and heighten your senses.
Get your hands on this natural aphrodisiac with ingredients that work together to increase your sexual desire, boost arousal and improve both your energy levels and endurance. This special blend also promotes hormone and mood balance – so can you really feel the love.
About Origin Mushrooms
Origin Mushrooms is Canada’s top Psilocybin retailer. Origin Mushrooms takes cultivation and strain exploration to a new level. This company has a team of Fungi culturists dedicated to finding the most rare and high-quality psilocybin spores. All of their mushrooms are grown with passion by this team of experts, and hence, their products are some of the best in the world.
Dedicating their lives to growing the best mushrooms on the plant, the employees at Origin Mushrooms harness their passion and hard work to bring those very same magical mushrooms to the masses. When you buy an Origin Mushroom product, you can be rest assured that it was grown and with the utmost care and passion.
Remember the Law
Now that your interest in joining the Third Wave is officially on fire, we hate to be the bearer of obvious but potentially disappointing news: Microdosing isn't legal everywhere; in fact, it's not legal in most places! While cannabis laws are rapidly changing and being transformed across the country, only a handful of cities have come so far as to decriminalize psilocybin.
While drug laws apparently exist in an attempt to prevent overdoses and drug-related criminal activity, they can overtly push people to look for alternative sources for something that should be easily obtainable by everyone and anyone.
As a general rule, remember that Microdosing is only as legal as the particular psychedelic substances in question – and this depends on the country or state you’re in. This means that, in most places, microdosing LSD remains illegal.
While we support changing the laws, we do not recommend breaking them. Knowing your local laws is vital for avoiding legal difficulties and finding the least legally problematic options when it comes to microdosing.
In conclusion of all that has been said, we mean to say that if you're looking to microdose, there are more than a few ways to do it safely. After all, we are now entering the era of the popular realization that certain drugs might benefit one's mental and physical health, and enhancing one’s overall quality of life.
The only special skill it might require is knowing where to look – and of course, we have all of the need-to-dos covered in this article that starts with asking the question ‘have you heard about Third Wave microdose? We would agree it never hurts to brush up on what drugs are legal in your area and continue with your microdosing journey with that information in mind.
The Third Wave Micordosing course is the ideal Sherpa to guide you through your daily journey. If you’re experimenting and finding joy and/or any other benefits from microdosing, you have the full right to exercise your free will and relative choices. Happy microdosing!