With marijuana butter, there's almost a limitless array of options you can pick from when making edibles. You can bake and cook with cannabutter and infuse all sorts of recipes you want. But one way to enjoy your homemade marijuana butter is by whipping up some delicious cookies with it. This is a trendy edible option, and one of the reasons for their popularity is how easy it is to make them.
Of course, you can easily waltz into any nearby dispensary and help yourself with any amount of weed cookies you want. But you'll agree that getting into the kitchen, rolling up your sleeves, and working your marijuana butter cookies recipe can be quite fun. It is a perfect opportunity for most stoners to spin the ideal edible with the taste and punch you desire.
While you enjoy your time in the kitchen, you also save a few bucks on some rather expensive edibles. For a quick and seamless process, you'll need to make or get your marijuana butter ready. With this, you can proceed to make your recipe.
How to Make Pot Cookies: Making Marijuana-Infused Cookies
So here, you'll need just two things: sticks of butter or any carrier oil of your choice, such as olive oil, coconut oil, etc., and then your cannabis buds, which must be ground. Once you get your cannabis all ground into a smooth powder, place a saucepan on low or medium heat, then melt your buds into the butter until you obtain a fine mix of butter and marijuana.
Ideally, this process should take between 2-4 hours while you keep stirring the mixture at intervals. After heating, turn off the heat and take down the pot. With the aid of a fine mesh or cheesecloth, strain out the oil into a container and store it up in a refrigerator until you need to use it. Keep in mind that the cannabutter's shelf life is less than that of pure butter — about two to three weeks.
Using a frying pan is a widespread practice, but for a pro result, you can throw your buds and butter into a crockpot and let it slowcook or simmer on low heat for 2-8 hours, depending on the strength of THC you want in the pot butter. Using a crockpot allows the THC to permeate the butter over a long period of cooking without supervision.
This method is ideal for making homemade marijuana butter that reduces the risk of burning the THC. Besides, it is far less demanding of your attention. You can literally set the crockpot and go about other businesses. With your cannabutter ready, you are set to make your own homemade marijuana cookies. Note that you can skip this step altogether by purchasing a pre-made marijuana butter.
How to Make Cannabutter Cookies: Recipe for Pot Peanut Butter Cookies
From this point on, the journey gets way more comfortable than before. The recipe provided here is a creative spin, even for the most inexperienced chef, and yet a relatively easy recipe on how to make marijuana cookies from scratch.
Here are the ingredients you'll need for an easy peanut butter cookies recipe:
- Half cup of cannabis-infused butter
- Half cup each of packed brown sugar and granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- Half cup of peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Half teaspoon of baking powder
- One large egg
- A quarter teaspoon of salt
- Vanilla or any other flavor of your choice
You'll also need the following materials:
- A medium-sized bowl
- Whisk or an electric mixer
- An oven
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together in the bowl. Use the whisk to ensure thorough mixing. Set the mixture aside. Beat the butter with a whisk or an electric mixer until you obtain a light and fluffy consistency. Whisk in the brown and white sugar, and mix well. Also, add in the vanilla and mix.
- Slowly beat in the peanut butter and egg. You'll have to mix this very well until you have a homogenous texture in the bowl. At this point, you can then mix all the ingredients, including the flour, in step one above.
- You want to be sure that you obtain a dough with a fine consistency here. Next, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it chill for about 2-3 hours. Now it's time to transfer your dough into the oven for baking.
- Ensure you preheat the oven to 375°F. You should shape the dough into several smaller balls. Carefully line the baking sheet with parchment paper, then transfer the balls onto the parchment paper. Place them about 2 inches apart on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Remember that it is best to flatten the doughs with a fork or spoon to give them the proper cookie look. This also ensures an even spread of heat and is an opportunity to make your favorite pattern on the cookies' surface.
- Bake the dough for 10 to 12 minutes. Keep an eye out for a light brown color (that's your cue to remove them from the oven). Take your pot cookies out from the oven and allow them to cool for a minute or two. You can now serve the marijuana cookies.
What You Need to Know About Dosing on this Recipe
Dosing is essential, and as with other edibles recipes, caution must be applied when making marijuana cookies at home.
Typically, if you're using one cup of butter and average cannabis (10% THC) to make your cannabutter, you can expect to have about 25 mg of THC in each cookie (assuming you make 24 small balls).
This is pretty much for a beginner and a little on the high side for an average stoner. So you should make more cookies to spread out the THC. Alternatively, you can go for a marijuana strain with less THC content or mix CBD and THC in a ratio of 1:1. If you're buying your marijuana butter from a dispensary, be sure to check the dosage before taking it off the shelf.
Conclusion of Recipe for Marijuana Butter Cookies
As you can see, the process for making canna cookies is straight-forward, but you still need to exercise caution and pay attention to the process. For instance, if you decarboxylate for too long, you'll end up destroying the THC in the weed.
You also want to pay close attention to the oven and be sure your cookies do not turn black, just as much as you don't want to infuse an overdose of THC in them.