Blowing glass pipes is an art that take a lot of practice to become great at. There are numerous glass pipe and glass bong manufacturers out there who have had great success with online sales. Let's take a look at some of the many steps and what it takes to become a great glass blower.
Want to learn how to blow glass at home? Have you always wanted to learn how to blow glass at home for handmade glass pipes? Let this glass blowing guide help you make hand blown glass pipes for your marijuana needs. DIY glass blowing is growing in popularity every year.
Let's take a look at how to make a weed pipe or bong at home and what it takes to blow your own glass pipes.
- Dangers of Glass Blowing At Home
- HOW TO START GLASS BLOWING
- HOW TO BLOW GLASS
- GLASS PIPE BLOWING TECHNIQUES
- Machine-Made vs. Hand-Made Glass Pipes
- Adding Color To Glass Pipes For Marijuana
- GLASS TUBES FOR GLASS BLOWING NEAR ME
- BLOWN GLASS COMPANY
- HOW TO MAKE A GLASS PIPE WITH A TORCH
- HOW TO MAKE A GLASS BONG
- EASY GLASS BLOWING IDEAS
- HOW TO MAKE A GLASS PIPE
- HOW TO FIX GLASS PIPE WITH TORCH
- BLOWING GLASS WITH JUST PROPANE
- GLASS PIPE BLOWING SUPPLIES
- GLASS BLOWING FOR BEGINNERS
- GLASS BLOWING TEMPERATURE
- BLOWPIPE FOR SALE
Dangers of Glass Blowing At Home
Due to the potential dangers associated with glassblowing many glass blowers prefer to set up at a separate location away from their home. This might be a good idea for you if you are a beginner and have some space away you can use.
Glass pipes have been a part of cannabis culture for decades. Some of the reasons why weed takers love glass pipes are:
- Glass is an inert substance and allows for the user to truly experience the taste and smell of their weed without any other flavors getting into the way.
- Glass stands up to very high temperatures changes.Most glass pipes will not get too hot on the handle when smoking out of them.
- Many cannabis smokers love all the different styles, colors, shapes, and sizes of all the various glass pipes that are produced by the glass blowers.
- Glass can be blown into many types of pipes, such as chillums, spoon pipes, bubblers, bongs, and dab rigs.
- The glass blower then uses a tool to punch a side hole for the carb and a front hole for the mouthpiece.
- The next step when Blowing Glass is to put the bowl on a flat surface and press down so the bowl will be flat and not tip over when someone us smoking weed in it.
- The mouthpiece is now shaped and the pipe is broken away from the glass tubing it is on. Then the glass blower smooths it out so it isn't sharp anywhere and is nice and smooth all over.
When making two weed pipes instead of one the main difference happens at the beginning when the glass is stretched out and snapped into two pieces when the bulbs are hot.
HOW TO START GLASS BLOWING
First off in order to begin blowing glass pipes you will need some glass blowing tools.
Glass Blowing Tools for Making Glass Pipes
- The furnace to heat the glass
- The Blowpipe to shape the glass into a pipe
- The Marver, which is a table that shapes the glass like a cylinder
- The Jacks, which are similar to steel tweezers to remove the glass from the blowpipe.
HOW TO BLOW GLASS
Step 1. Add heat to the tube of glass (choose if you want to make one pipe or break the heated glass into two pieces and make two weed pipes)
When making a single pipe the glass blower begins by doing what is known as the “neck stretch.” In the neck stretch the glass blower applies heat to expand the glass into a big long cylinder. As the glass expands, the blower stretches and spins the glass and makes the neck of the pipe.
Step 2. The glass blower makes the depression in the bowl where the cannabis will be packed. When blowing glass to create the bowl part where the weed goes the glass blower uses a rod to press down in the center of the bulb, forming a depression where the weed will eventually end up.
Step. 3 The glass blower uses a tool to punch one hole in the bottom of the bowl for the mouthpiece and punches another on the side of the bowl for the carb hole. After, the artist places the bowl on a flat surface and gently presses down, giving the bowl a flat bottom so it doesn't tip over when in use.
GLASS PIPE BLOWING TECHNIQUES
Machine-Made vs. Hand-Made Glass Pipes
There are many glass pipe blowing techniques. Some are hand made and others are machine made. Blowing glass pipes by hand is very similar to the process of blowing glass pipes by a machine. The main difference is the process is automated by machines. The machine made glass pipes do the same thing as hand made ones, molding and shaping the hot glass into shapes.
Adding Color To Glass Pipes For Marijuana
Blowing glass pipes is fun and artists love making cool glass pipes with lots of different colors in them.
To add colors to glass weed pipes the glass blower uses a process known as “fuming”.
Fuming is a technique used in glassblowing where small pieces of metal are heated until the vaporize. The metal is then encased in more glass to make the various colors in the fumed pipe. Fumed glass pipes are what you see most commonly in head shops when looking for weed pipes.
GLASS TUBES FOR GLASS BLOWING NEAR ME
How do I find glass tubes for glass blowing near me? One of the best places to find glass tubes for glass blowing is Mountain Glass Arts.
BLOWN GLASS COMPANY
Blown glass company profiles vary and not all are as reliable as others. You can find awesome blown glass at the following sites:
HOW TO MAKE A GLASS PIPE WITH A TORCH
If you want to learn how to make a glass pipe with a torch we suggest going on Youtube for some of the great and easy step-by-step how to blog glass videos. How to blow glass pipes with a propane torch can be learned online.
HOW TO MAKE A GLASS BONG
To learn how to make a glass bong there are also some easy to follow glass blowing videos online that will get you going and get you making some high quality DIY weed pipes
EASY GLASS BLOWING IDEAS
There are many easy glass blowing ideas found online. Not all glass blowing ideas are easy, some are intricate and take a very experienced glass blower.
HOW TO MAKE A GLASS PIPE
There are so many ways how to make a glass pipe. The varieties are endless. One of the most fun things about blowing glass pipes is that there is no right or wrong. You may finish and it might not turn out as you hoped but be the perfect design for someone else looking for a new weed pipe. You can make amazing glass pipes with a little practice. Some people also make a homemade glass blowing torch for their weed paraphernalia. Learn how to make hand blown glass bongs on Youtube.
HOW TO FIX GLASS PIPE WITH TORCH
How to fix glass a glass pipe with a torch is a common question for new glass blowers.
BLOWING GLASS WITH JUST PROPANE
Can you blow glass with just propane? The answer is yes. It is not as common but some glass blowers only use propane.
GLASS PIPE BLOWING SUPPLIES
Where can you get glass pipe blowing supplies? We all need new supplies when we start blowing glass. Fortunately there are lots of good stores online to order glass weed pipe blowing supplies. If you need glass tubes for blowing pipes check out the ones on Amazon.
GLASS BLOWING FOR BEGINNERS
There are great glass blowing for beginners videos online. Also it is easy to find glass blowing for beginners courses online and sometimes in person if you search your local newspapers. Blowing glass pipes for beginners is easy to find whether in a book or a course.
GLASS BLOWING TEMPERATURE
What is the optimal glass blowing temperature when making weed pipes and bongs? This is a commonly asked question.
The best glass blowing temperature is between 2000 and 2400 degrees Fahrenheit.
BLOWPIPE FOR SALE
Where can I find the best blowpipe for sale? If you are looking for a blow pipe for sale we recommend Teledart USA.